One nationwide trend that is being reported among both teachers and students is a significant decrease in overall morale. The impact of mental health on learning has been expectedly exacerbated during this unprecedented global pandemic.
Consider These Virtual and In-Person Strategies to Help Both Teachers and Students Thrive During COVID-19:
- Conduct structured “check-ins” with students, focusing on their overall well-being
- Engage teachers on a virtual breakroom or collaborative communication platform such as Microsoft Teams or a Facebook Group or in in-person small groups.
- Launch a virtual bulletin board where staff can post inspiring quotes, phrases and breakthroughs or simply give kudos to their colleagues.
- Create student and teacher buddy systems to guide conversations, answer questions and establish a schedule for checking in.
- Implement the student and teacher resources outlined in “Thriving Schools” by Kaiser Permanente, created specifically to address impact of COVID-19.
- Launch Social Media Activities such as Sprit Week, Scavenger Hunts, Daily/Weekly Challenges and Surveys.
- Conduct scheduled wellness and Social Emotional Learning Sessions for students and staff.
- Make sure students are getting exercise at recess
- CA Surgeon General Resource-Stress Relief Play Book
- SEL Free Resources/Activities + Virtual Calm Corner Interactive Tool
- CloseGap.org: Great resource for student emotional wellness that also support students who are non-verbal.
Contact us today to discover how Cross Country Education can deliver solutions for your educational staffing needs, during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.