At Cross Country Education, we’re proud to work with the best of the best from across the nation – like Oscar L., an emergency medicine technician (EMT) who enjoys helping others and serving his community – all while wearing a smile!
As an EMT with Cross Country Education, Oscar serves as a valuable member of the COVID Testing Team and helps support the safe reopening of schools. We’ve chosen Oscar as EMT of the Month and asked him to share what motivated him to become an EMT, what he enjoys about working with Cross Country Education, and what advice he would share for others interested in becoming an EMT. Here’s what he had to say:
- Why did you become an EMT?
- I became an EMT in order to join the Fire Department and become a fire fighter. During my schooling, I learned that being an EMT involves a lot more social interaction and that really ignited my passion for helping others and serving the community.
- What do you like about Cross Country Education?
- What I like about Cross Country Education is the multiple avenues available to work, whether it be the school testing or production testing. I've also thoroughly enjoyed working with the operations support team, Katie, Stacey, Kristie, and Beverly are the best.
- What have you liked about your experience working at schools with Cross Country Education?
- What I've liked about working at the schools, first and foremost, is seeing the joy of the students as they're allowed to be back on campus, with their friends and teachers. I've enjoyed meeting all the different administrators and school staff and working with them to try and navigate through the reopening process, knowing it's all worth it in the end for the students.
- What kind of advice would you give to those starting out in your field?
- The advice I would give to those starting out is to have patience, be courteous, and be professional. Stick to your basics and prepare for the unknown; every situation is unique. Remember that you are there to assist and help out in any way you can, and a smile goes a long way.
Thank you for your passion for the health and safety of our nation’s kids, Oscar! It’s a privilege to have you as part of the Cross Country Team.
If, like Oscar, you’re ready to embark on a meaningful adventure as an EMT, take a look at our EMT jobs and other school-based opportunities today.