Here’s What You Need to Know About the Exciting Field of Travel Teaching
First, a little quiz:
- Are you adventurous and upbeat?
- Do you become bored with routine and like to mix things up to stay engaged?
- Would you like to explore the country?
- Do you love to learn?
- Are you passionate about improving the lives of children and teens who need you most?
If you answered yes, travel teaching was made for you!
Demand for Travel Teachers
There’s a high demand for teachers – and especially those who are eager to travel! Now, more than ever, students across our nation need passionate, dedicated teachers.
Sadly, the pressures of the pandemic over the past couple of years have caused many educators to lose their desire to teach. A recent February 2022 study by NEA showed that 55% of educators considered leaving the profession earlier than they had planned. And according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the nation had a net loss of 600,000 teachers between January 2020 and February 2022.
Across the country, schools are working hard to fill these shortages. The challenge is that the best teachers aren’t always close by. But the good news is that traveling can be a great way for teachers who are feeling burned out to rekindle their passion for teaching! It’s also ideal for new teachers who want to expand their horizons and learn from other educators across the nation.
How Travel Teaching Works
Travel teaching allows educators to explore new locations and reach students across the country. The way it works varies among agencies, but generally, travel teachers:
- Choose from private, district and charter school locations across the U.S.
- Select from assignments that span from eight weeks to the entire school year
- Potentially qualify for housing and meals stipends and technology and teaching materials
- Receive reimbursement for licensing and credentialing
Benefits of Being a Travel Teacher
Travel teachers can teach during the day and explore during the evenings and weekends. They can pursue adventurous hobbies like hiking, cycling, kayaking, surfing, swimming, all in beautiful locations – from mountains to beaches. They can check out restaurants, festivals, attractions and nightlife and get to know the atmosphere and culture of different cities across the U.S. Travel teaching is a wonderful way for educators to discover where they’d like to eventually settle down. Plus, travel teaching assignments can even lead to permanent placements!
At Cross Country Education, our travel teachers enjoy:
- Great pay and weekly direct deposit
- Comprehensive benefits, perks and reimbursements
- Nationwide teaching opportunities in exciting locations
- Opportunities to pursue permanent positions
- Professional development, coaching and mentorship from our team of educators
Ready to align yourself with an extraordinary team? Apply now to begin your Cross Country Education journey, and a member of our Talent Team will reach out to you shortly!